- Office furniture, soft furnishings, carpets, wall-coverings, pictures and displays are all susceptible to fading and sun damage. Let the sunshine in, keep the UV out with Solarshield's UV Fade Protection Window Films.
- UV light blocking window films filter up to 99.9% of harmful UV
- Ultra-clear window films filter out UV and infra-red light
- Block UV rays to reduce fading and sun damage
- UV films can be combined with added solar and safety protection
Solarshield offers an extensive range of solar control and UV fade reducing window films that can offer added protection against harmful UV rays and fading.
Exposure to direct sunlight can cause many coloured or painted materials to fade. Damage due to fading is caused by UV light, visible light, heat (including infra-red light), artificial lighting, humidity and poor dye anchorage. UV light, visible light and heat account for 90% of fading.
UV filter and fade reduction window films are particularly suitable for application in offices, museums, shopfronts, art galleries, stately homes and residential properties or any area with a large expanse of glazing, where issues of fading can have potentially huge cost implications. UV filter and fade reduction window films are specially designed to filter out at least 99.9% of harmful UV and reject infra-red heat.
UV filter and fade reduction films are available in a variety of finishes and grades, from ultra-clear films which are virtually undetectable to tinted or reflective films which have the added benefit of reducing heat gain and glare if desired.
Sources of fading: 7 Main factors which lead to fading
- Ultraviolet light
- Visible light / Infra-Red
- Solar heat
- Chemical vapours (including ozone from eg. Photocopiers)
- Material age
- Dye fastness
- Miscellaneous (including indoor artificial lighting and humidity)
To completely eliminate fading due by the sun the window would need to be blacked out, however by using Solarshield window films we can offer the maximum protection available with a film from UV light, visible light/infrared and some solar heat. Internal factors such as indoor lighting, humidity and poor quality dye (anchorage) cannot be reduced by the use of films.
UV radiation and your health
According to the Archives of Dermatology, dangerous UV radiation from the sun is associated with about 90% of all skin cancers. Studies published by the National Institute of Health show that UV rays can not only cause impaired wound healing and even DNA damage, but that UV exposure is apparently responsible for 80% of visible facial ageing signs. By blocking 99% of the sun’s UV rays, 3M Window Films offer an effective, economical way to protect your family and safeguard your valuable furnishings.
There is an extensive range of window films with UV reducing characteristics. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and select the most effective window film.